Sunday, March 25, 2018

Round 1: (6) Even Superheroes Sleep vs. (11) My Friend Hello Kitty

Can sleepy superheroes win over incessant jibber jabber?


Even Superheroes Sleep
by David Bar Katz
Available in board book format. (Amazon)

Yet another DC Superheroes book, which I'm beginning to realize we may own too many of. Even Superheroes Sleep is about all the reasons that superheroes need to get some rest, usually via puns of various quality. It's honestly a little disappointing they didn't use Cyborg and make a joke about how he needs to reboot every once in a while.

My Friend Hello Kitty
Available in board book format. (Amazon)

I picked this up as part of a used book bundle at a consignment sale, so I had no idea it was supposed to come with a plushy Hello Kitty until now, and I am upset we missed out.

That said, this is one of those books with little sound buttons you're supposed to press at certain points in the story. Since H. can't read, this means he just sits there and mashes all the buttons in any order he wants non-stop until he gets bored or we take it away.

For some reason, my husband really hates this book. I can't imagine why.

Match-up Analysis

The DC books have been doing very well in the tournament so far, so it wouldn't be a bad choice to pick it to win. That said, H. really enjoys pressing the buttons on My Friend Hello Kitty, so I honestly think it's got a good chance.

Prediction

It's husband's night to read, so I'm betting H. goes with My Friend Hello Kitty, if for no other reason than luck not being on his side.

Results

H. took his sweet time making a choice, but finally went with Even Superheroes Sleep.

Up Next

Even Superheroes sleep squares off against First Book of Sushi on April 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment